Building Regulations Application
How does the application process work?
• Complete our application form below together with a 1:1250 site location plan, building plans and a building specification min 7 days before works commence, this allows the local authority 5 days to log our application.
• We send the initial notice to the local authority and carryout relevant consultations to the water authority and the fire officer.
• No fees are paid to the local authority.
• We register your application free of charge (applicable to fees over £350+VAT) and send you a copy of the initial notice, our fee quotation and a client letter.
• Any building plans and specification will be examined for Building Regulations compliance and our comments sent to your architect within 10 working days. A plans appraisal will be sent to your architect.
• Once works commence, please contact the office to arrange a site inspection. Please also pass on our details and all of our comments/appraisals to your builder. Site inspections should be notified giving 24 hours’ notice, however we aim to carryout site inspections notified the same day before 10.00am. The client or builder needs to notify us at the relevant stage to arrange a site inspection. Domestic extension – excavations, floor slab, roof structure, drainage, steels, completion. Loft conversion – floor joists and trimmers, insulation and completion. Our fees are invoiced in full after the first site inspection (applicable to fees over £350+VAT) and payable within 28 days. A site inspection sheet is given to your builder on each site inspection stage.
• A final certificate is issued to the client and a copy to the local authority after a satisfactory final site inspection and compliance with Building Regulations. We need to be notified to carry out a final inspection within 28 days of occupation.
• Our terms and conditions can be found here.
Please complete this form in full as instruction to carry out the Building Control function as a Corporate Approved Inspector as designated under the Building Act 1984 and the Building (Approved Inspectors) Regulations 2010. The completed form will be returned to us and associated plans should be forwarded to: email@example.com, or Midlands Building Control Consultancy Ltd 13, South Road West Bridgford Nottingham NG2 7AG.